Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Make me an offer that I can't refuse.

Every establish companies set the target for their employees to achieve and every 6 month, there will be some kind of performance development review. This is one of the most important time when all good and bad about yourself and your work will be reveal...

My PDR this year overall were acceptable..there were few areas for improvement and I admit I'm getting to the point that sometime I lack on people management...I tend to improve on that with more training on supervisory skills and so on..

But I'm glad that this is a chance for me to show what I really interest in..beverage. Since I can be a master on service side..the opportunity to polish back my knowledge in wine and beverage is one thing that need to be grab..So the offer from the Head Sommelier to join the Wine Team is once in the life time opportunity..An offer that I can't refuse..

Now is the time to move on to the next level. Ever since I left Lafite years ago, I never thought that one day I will involve seriously on wine again..I really looking forward to work with the best wine sommelier in Malaysia, Mr Roderick..I even managed to get a full score, 100% on his wine test conducted a few months ago..perhaps this was a prove that I really interested in his lecturer, theory and practical. His words remind me of someone that I really admired long ago back in my old place. His drive and passion to become the first Maitre 'd was a talk in town among hoteliers, to work with him was a memorable experiences although it end with a sour note..sigh!

So when these will be happen? It all depends when a suitable person will replace my position..I talk to my manager about the possibility of promoting one of the team member and I really hope it will one day happen and change my future..

That's a plan B.

No comments: